Monday 28 September 2009

My little piece of paradise

You know, I find extraordinary piece in flowers, I can't explain it but they just attract me and enthuse me like no other things I guess.
As a young boy of 5 I got my first introduction to planting things in my maternal gardpa's garden in Lucknow over my summer holidays. I still remember quite vividly the first groundnut seed I planted and how every morning I would check the progress of the seed by digging a hole in the ground with my little fingers, and peeping in with a torch. I tell you what, the old man wasn't impressed to say the least.
fast track to 28 years later I rediscovered my affinity to plants, and flowers were the first thing to cross my mind. I decided in 2005 to move away from the suburbs of west London to somewhere more greener and less hectic. I found this property on a hill with a nice patch of land covered mostly with a lush green lawn with in an instant I started planning to get some colours into it. Its taken me 4 years to fully realise my dream to supplement this lovely county side house that I live in with 2 apple trees and 1 cheery tree with some flowers.
The results can be viewed here:

Http://www.flickr.com/photos/amitabh25

Hope the give you the same joy that they give me.

1 comment:

  1. And you were laughing on my hobby on aeromodeling :p and you now believe that you are attracted to the flowers.

    Plow the land and sow some seeds of bitter gourd and know what I am talking about :p

    ReplyDelete